The current state of expansion and growth of KFB Acoustics has given a next step. We created our Scientific Advisory Board (SAB), which is composed of researchers and professors from all over the world.
On Thursday, 28th of October, we ran the kick-off meeting of the SAB. With this, we start a new exciting and promising project to help us developing new technologies that allow us to offer innovative and more efficient solutions to our clients and collaborators.
The members of our SAB are recognized experts in different fields of acoustics, such as metamaterials, building acoustics or vehicle noise, among others. This combination of knowledge in different fields, together with the previous expertise of KFB, allows us to merge solutions applied in each field and look for the optimal solution for each need. In addition, apart from current existing solutions, the members SAB will assist us in research projects to create new products and services for noise control and mitigation.
The members of the SAB are:
- Sean Smith (President): Director of the Centre for Future Infrastructure at the University of Edinburgh (Scotland).
- Jens Ahrens (Vice-president): Associate Professor at Chalmers University (Sweden).
- Iván Herrero-Durá (Secretary): Specialist in Computational Acoustics at KFB Acoustics (Poland).
- Jorge Arenas: Professor at Universidad Austral de Chile (Chile).
- Marion Burgess: Professor at University of New South Wales (Australia).
- Olivier Dazel: Professor at Le Mans University (France).
- Andrzej Dobrucki: Professor at University of Science and Technology of Wrocław (Poland).
- Michał Kozupa: Principal Scientist at Hitachi Energy (Poland).
- Manuel Melon: Professor at Le Mans University (France).
- Judicaël Picaut: Professor at Unité Mixte de Recherche en Acoutique Environmentale (France).
- Rubén Picó Vila: Professor at Universitat Politècnica de València (Spain)
- Monika Rychtáriková: Professor at KU Leuven (Belgium).
- Michael Vorländer: Professor at RWTH Aachen (Germany).